Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."

I am VERY much looking forward to tomorrow night. What are my plans you ask? (or don't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway...because it is the reason for my post) Dinner with two of my closest friends. We have great intentions, to meet more often than we do, it's just 99% of the time circumstance (also known as jobs, children, spoiled husbands) does not allow it. This is a very spur of the moment get together, I had no idea it would actually work out as well as it has, but am excited nonetheless.

So, dinner is at my house....I'm forgoing my original plan of ordering pizzas, and COOKING, actually COOKING....sort of. My menu does not consist of filet mignon...but I think it will suffice. I found a wonderful recipe in Southern Living for a Chicken Salad with grapes and pecans, spinach salad, and a wonderful array cheese, and fruit, and wine....lots and lots of wine. And what's a classy soiree like I'm throwing.....without...you guessed it.....Jell-o No-Bake Cheesecake....in Strawberry. I realize it's a lot, please don't bombard me with compliments, you'll only embarrass me.....trust me..these ladies are absolutely worth it.

No comments: