Friday, October 24, 2008

Bad timing

The husband has THE WORST timing, um....EVER!!! Anytime, I have made plans, I think he makes it a personal quest to f*u*b*a*r* it!

Example: Last night I planned on going to my cousin's to help with wedding decorations....granted I didn't have to be there until 6:30, but I thought it the perfect oppurtunity to drop a package by my sister-in-law's, and another drop off at one of my best friend's. I got thru parent teacher conferences (which were awesome..yay, and great work guys), picked up the kiddo's at two different places, raced home, and tore thru the house getting things in line for the husband to take over once he got home. Now, my Math skills are certainly nothing to brag about, but I do know what time he get's off work + the amount it takes to get home from work = 4:15. I received a call at about 4:13 asking what time he needed to be home. I went over my list of to-do's with him, and then asked where he was. Grrr...at a neighbors socializing. And he continued to socialized until past 5!! So needless to say, I did not get to pick up the shoes for the bridesmaid's dress, thus putting off the alterations until next week. I also, only made it by my sister-in-law's, not having time to make it by my friend's. But the s-i-l got to hear my vent's about the day, so while I felt better, she probably felt bewildered.

Bright Spots of the Evening: Jamming out to music along the way with Maddie. Nothing calms a person down like singing at the top of your lungs with your main chica. While we did not get much crafting accomplished at my cousin's we have an airtight, kick-ass game plan, that is so totally organized I may publish it in the local news, as neither one of us have EVER been accused of being organized. I also, had amazing conversation with the cuz, her cuz, and the coolest chic named Ashley. Good times, solving the world's problems, and comparing stories. I laughed so much, thank goodness there was no school today, because it would have made for a late night for Maddie, who sweetly watched t.v. and did not complain the entire time.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: